Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Books, books, and more books




Okay, so I have been tagged to produce an outlook on the following questions. Hopefully you will not be disappointed.

1. One book that changed your life: The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer. I read this book during my freshman year at CBU. I have never been the same since or maybe it's because of Bakers?

2. One book that you've read more than once: Your First Two Years of Youth Ministry by Doug Fields. This book remains one of few reference books that I use on a daily basis. I found it (still) to be encouraging and useful, even after one's first two years.

3. One book you'd want on a desert island: The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook by Joshua Piven & David Borgenicht. Well I guess if your prepared for the worst, the rest is all cake.

4. One book that made you laugh: How the Irish Saved Civilization: The Untold Story of Ireland's Heroic Role from the Fall of Rome to the Rise of Medieval Europe by Thomas Cahill. Funny...not a mention of leprechauns or banshees.

5. One book that made you cry: Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. It was so sad with when they shot the dog. Often times I more concerned about animals than that of my fellow peers.

6. One book you wish had been written: How to evangelize and still be an Introvert. I feel sometimes I miss so many opportunities to share, because I am too shy. I am expecting a laugh from those who actually know me.

7. One book you wish had never been written: The Gospel of Judas by Someone. Interesting, but really a waste.

8. One book you’re currently reading: Communicating for Change by Andy Stanley & Lane Jones. It my desire to become the best youth pastor I can. By that communicating is crucial. Communicating well is another story. Hopefully this book will give me a new perspective on preaching.

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: Messy Spirituality by Michael Yaconelli. I heard it was great. Been meaning to read it for a few years.

10. One book you’d like to write: The Introvert and the Ministry. No joke, I am in the process of researching this idea, that an introvert can be an effective leader and minister, which is true now. Mike you will get a free copy…just because you are rad!



No comments: