Sunday, October 14, 2007

Youth Ministry Turf Wars

My question is this: would you engaged/develop a program to reach students (let's say skaters) if you know that another church in town also has similar ministry? For example, I have been throwing around an idea of outreaching to students at local skate parks. I have leaders willing to take this and run with it. But, I know that another youth ministry in town already does the same thing, and (from what I hear) does a good job. Should I trash the idea, for fear of stepping on someone's toes?

Your thoughts?

2 comments:

Jessica Ronhaar said...

Just a thought, but what if you went to the other youth group about it and worked together. I mean it is kingdom work right? Who says that one churhc/youth group has possession over a type of ministry? Maybe there is someone in your ministry that can reach these kids in a different way. Work together...it could be fun, we are all ultimately one church, right?

wendeth said...

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING......are there any other skateparks, if you're feeling as if you're doing something wrong. Just do what God wants you do to man....the rest will work itself out one way or another-He knows doesn't He?!