Thursday, October 25, 2007

Grace

I don't even know if this is the right word for this, but I can't help to feel that's what happened. Last week I purchased 10 pizza's from Domino's; the total amount was $88.36. This morning when I checked my bank account I noticed that Domino's charged me $93.36. That's a $5 unauthorized transaction.

Now, I know what you must be thinking right now..."Lucas, it's only $5!" Yes, your absolutely, but the fact that the Domino's driver took it upon himself to write in $5 in the tip section of the receipt is unacceptable to me. Principles my friends...it's all about principles.

Now on the grace part. I really had no intention of wanting the money back but I did want retribution. If any pizza delivery driver is allowed to be left off the hook because it's only $5 here and $10 there, where do we draw the line. I showed grace today by not making a big deal about it. I must confess that when I'm screwed out of money (regardless of how little it is) I get a little ticked. I become something my students should never be able to witness. Today, I was calm, collected and pointed out an error with love. Hopefully the young man in question keeps his job.

No comments: