Monday, August 27, 2007

Numbers

I'm doing a study in Numbers at the moment. I know what you might be thinking right now...you're that bored? I'm actually doing a study on issues (faith) that we face and how people might deal with them. From my study so far, I found that the Israelites have left God out of the equation. How could the God who liberated them from the hands of Pharaoh, not provide victory for them in the new promise land? How could they forget so quickly? I mean, we serve and love a God who parted the Red Sea and flooded the entire earth!!! Wow, how could he not provide some land that He had promised?

In retrospect, I find this concept very much real today, or more specifically in my own life. I tend to relish in the fact that God is capable of anything. Yet, I am sometimes hesitant in relinquishing complete control. I lack faith. Who said that Numbers in boring?

No comments: