Friday, April 20, 2007

Got paper....?


As some of you might know, I will be traveling to the wonderful country of Thailand in July. I will be there for about three weeks. As I continue to research the culture and geographic areas of which I will be working in, I ran across this reality: Thailand endorses "squaty-potties!" I pray that either God will give me strength to use one of these or there will be some sort of western counterpart. Either way, I will rough it out, although crapping my shorts seems like a better option at the moment. For those of you who have shared in this experience (you know who you are) bravo!!!

By the way, I am writing a book entitled "Fun with Feces." It will be hitting the bookstores this summer. I know that its a crap shoot writing a book on things that makes people sick, however, after a few years in student ministry and having to clean up many overflowing toilets (because miraculou students forget how to use a mop) I have learn the value of fecal-talk. Forgive my crudeness, wait...if you have a problem, quit reading my blog!

2 comments:

wendeth said...

My first experience with these toilets is returning to my guest (of the opposite sex) and saying "I don't know how to use it" Bet that pick up line wouldn't work for just anyone...HE'S NOW MY BABY'S DADDY!!!

Eva said...

I've been overseas every year now for the last 4 years and I never used one. I was always afraid something was going to come out and bite me. That was til the bravery of one of the girls on my team inspired me to face my fear.

Its not that bad. Just point and shoot.