Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Conversations with Public Safety

Here is a real conversation I had with a public safety officer, I use the word "officer" loosely. My thoughts on public safety are this: I feel that they are needed on campus, but they take their job to a level it should never go. CBU public safety employees are not "real" peace officers. Yet they act like they run a maximum security prison. It's just a college guy! Your not on SWAT and this isn't your beat. Seriously, there have been public safety employees that have actually came to work in a tactical jumpsuit! What are they a afraid of? The Hollister gang littering the campus with credit cards receipts? Okay, here's the conversation...

Background: my friends and I are playing a game of nerf war at night in the courtyard, when public safety coming rolling up...

PS- why were you guys running from me!
ME- Sorry, I didn't think walking feet in your direction necessitate running, we were not running from you, just didn't see you.
PS- Student ID's please
ME- here you go
PS- You can't be playing games like this
ME- Why?
PS- People get real nervous when people run around with objects that look like guns
ME- You know, you're right. I thought the hot pink coloring on my nerf gun was a dead giveaway!
PS- Have a good night
Me- You too!

Nerf guns that look real...what a retard!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha. I got ticketed by them the other day. I was parked in vistor parking which is where they told me to park since I am not actually student status...and what do they do?? ticket me. Losers!

Unknown said...

blast this thing....I left a huge comment that essentially said that public safety officers are losers and it didn't post. Oh yea...it was about how they gave me a ticket the other day. I asked them a long time ago where I should park since I am technically not student status and they said visitor parking was cool. Well anywho they gave me a ticket. I think they seen the previous years stickers and ASSUMED it was so. Anywho, nerf guns are dangerous....you could kill someone with those, lol.

wendeth said...

You're just lucky they didn't ban you from campus!!!!! FREE THOMAS!