Monday, February 12, 2007

My worst flaw.... (or at least one of my worst flaws)

This semester has been the worst ever. Not so much due to an overload of homework, projects or work. I think it's because of Senioritis. Now, years past, I always regarded senioritis as a myth or a personal issue that some people had. But, now I find myself having no motivation to do anything. I mean, it has gotten to the point where "C's" actually are becoming more acceptable to my academia. This has got to be my worst flaw...

Senioritis is a term used colloquially in the United States and Canada to describe the decreased motivation towards studies displayed by students who are nearing the end of their high school or college careers. It is typically said to include slowness, procrastination, apathy regarding school work, and a tendency towards truancy. Many of these high school and college students find themselves in a type of lame duck situation: their plans are made and a new chapter in their life is about to begin, so finishing the current chapter (the current term separating them from graduation) becomes just a formality or "holding pattern."

No comments: