Sunday, November 19, 2006

A Sunday morning in Texas

Today I got to visited my friend's (Mark) church. Cottonwood Creek is incredible! The people are friendly, the service was inspiring and the atmosphere warm and loving. I got the chance to chat with the youth pastor. Nice guy, however, while I waited in the youth room to chat with him, only one student out the 25 (who were still lingering after the service, they run 150+) came up to greet me. Now I know how new students feel when they enter a new ministry for the first time. Greeters are "so" important. I literally judged the ministry within my first five minutes there....Exciting atmosphere, high energy, and I walked away feeling unwelcomed.

On a funny note, I forgot to pack my nice dress shoes. So, I wore the nicest church outfit I own and my rainbow's!!! I got the funniest stares, and I am sure that everyone knew that I was not from Texas.

No comments: