Wednesday, September 06, 2006

People Pleasing...

There comes a time when a leader must make a decision that does not please a person, even though the decision is based upon the proper action that should be taken. My dilemma is that I am a people pleaser, and so, the decision I have to make will not please a person in particular. Nevertheless, my mind continues to reinforce the need for spiritual integrity and the need to promote this integrity within our daily lives. I think anyone who works in student ministry would agree with this, but, the one it affects possibly will not see as so or maybe they will. My prayer is that rebuking and reconciliation will the foundation of what is discussed and the gentleness will prevail. Students deserve leaders who strive for excellence both publicly and privately.

"...I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received..." Ephesians 4:1a

No comments: