Saturday, August 19, 2006

Campus by the Sea part 1


Junior High summer camp...where to begin? Well, I took 24 students and 4 counselors (including myself) to the beautiful island of Catalina for camp. This was our second year here and let me tell you it was absolutely amazing!

I have to be honest, I was stressing (as most leaders do with camps such as these) and felt very weary. I'm the type of person who likes everything to be perfect and running on schedule. This was not the case. I had a sick leader who bailed at the last moment. So, God blessed us with my friend Crystal from CBU and she filled the spot. She was amazing and really connected with the students, one in particular. She was able to minister and comfort this student in a way that only God could have seen. I am still in awe of God's providence in this matter. All I can say is that Hanna was impacted by the awesome love and example that Crystal gave to us this past week.

God definitely worked in the hearts of our students this week. This has been my prayer for months and WOW...God meet us there at camp. Words and images can not describe the passion and love that these students experienced from this camp and ultimately from God himself. It is cool to see students really engage in worship, leadership, and love for one another...amazing!!!

With all that when on, our students came home on fire for Jesus. It is funny that the name of our ministry is called the Refinery, because these students ultimately offered themselves to be Refined by the love and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. They don't want to live numb lives, they want to feel love. From this, I am excited to get started on the follow-up this week...GOD is GOOD!!!!

No comments: